Tuesday 25 June 2013

Primary Research: Distressed Surfaces

Expanding on my idea of surface designs representing moss and growth I have been looking at other photographs that have a similarity to this. I came across a number of images of different decaying surfaces and I thought that this would link well with my other images.
These images, which I took at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, drew my attention due to there natural but artistic qualities. The markings remind me of abstract art, brush strokes and have a resemblance to paint on a canvas. Using these photographs will work well for mark making and drawing ideas in my visual diary as well as when I develop my drawings and ideas in the print workshop which I don't have access to until September. For now I will be focusing on drawing styles and the use of different mediums and mark making tools to simulate these images as well as continuing with photographing any other inspiring surfaces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment