Tuesday 25 June 2013

Inspiration: Micheal Chase

While searching for artists and designers that experiment with texture I came across the artist Micheal Chase. His work comprises of heavy image distortion, layering, and digital manipulation which when combined produce expressive and innovative art pieces. His work has so much depth and detail due to his use of photography and his research of decaying and temporary surfaces. Manipulation of these photographed surfaces and his experimentation of distortion and vibrant colours also leaves a wondering and ethereal mood to the artwork.
Looking through his website I also found myself drawn to his floral art pieces. I particularly was interested in the use of heavy textures on such a delicate object and the idea of turning the rust and distressed textures with the florals and foliage into something unique and beautiful with such an unusual surface.
I think this works well and the idea of two completely different subjects coming together in such a expressive way. This could be a possible direction for my project, giving my work a feminine touch. With this I am going to experiment with this through drawing and primary research of my own florals and foliage which I will then work from and manipulate in digital form as well as traditionally through textile print and embroidery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment