Tuesday 25 June 2013

Primary Research: Decay

While researching my chosen topic I have written down a number of words that I feel could represent my project. One particular word that I like is decay and the idea of something wearing away revealing a number of beautiful layers of colour and texture. With this in mind I took more photographs of this, looking at weathered objects from my back garden. The concept of layering and revealing surfaces could work well within textiles using the use of print and embroidery techniques. I also like the idea of the surface been revealed and built over time.
I know that rust, moss and decay is unappealing but the idea for my concept is to find beauty in the unexpected and undesirable and turn it into appealing textile design pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment