Tuesday 25 June 2013

89 Days!

Next week is the start of July so I have started looking at my final major project and looking at ideas and concepts to get me started. Ive been trying to stay active over the last few months by visiting museums, galleries and parks to find a variety of inspiration for possible project starting points.

When I am searching for ideas and inspiration I find myself draw to the beautiful but the unexpected with a traditional but creative twist. I have an eye for detail and I am usually more interested in the surface rather than the object itself so my digital camera is filled with these weird and wonderful photographs. 

While searching through my camera of my images so far a few in particular caught my eye straight away. While visiting the Yorkshire Sculpture Park I took the time photographing the park itself as well as the sculptors on display. But the images that appealed to me the most was the nature in the park and its 'unusual' closeups. While taking a walk around the trees I noticed the moss growing along the trunks. Taking detailed close ups of these produced beautiful vibrant colours and very detailed shapes that wrapped around the tree bark.
Using these photographs as a starting point, I'm going to develop this inspiration further by expanding on my ideas so that I have a starting point for a project. Right now I am going to focus on visual research and doing more primary as well as secondary research.

No comments:

Post a Comment