Tuesday 2 July 2013

Secondary Research: MPDClick Trends

Today I spent time looking at current and future trends that influence my design concept. I looked closely at Autumn/Winter 2014/15 and the possible print and textile trends that are going to hit the market. I chose to use A/W 2014/15 because my final degree show, which is in July 2014, will be exhibited appropriately and at the right time for this season.

I currently only have access to the online trend facilities on my university online trend hub so I have been using the trend forecasting website MPDClick who have a lot of insight into the use of trends in a number of different cultures and markets. 

The market I prefer to work in is interiors as I have a better understanding of this than fashion so I began by looking at there trend articles for this looking closely at interior, print, graphics, product and colour.

One particular article that caught my eye was a trend titled 'Parallel Worlds' which looks at space and galaxies with a futuristic twist as inspiration for design.
Images from MPDClick
MPDClick Colour Palette
I think my design concept would fit into this trend very easily has it has very similar topics for print and pattern. Both concepts have emphasis on texture and the idea of oxidized and distressed surfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment