Tuesday 2 July 2013

Inspiration: Alex Ramsay

Using Google images as a starting point I spent some time typing in a number of key words relating to my project and tried to find some interesting surfaces and artists or designers. 

While doing this I came across these beautiful jewellery pieces from the designer Alex Ramsey who purposely distresses the surface to give her work an interesting twist to everyday jewellery.
Using enameled colour she experiments with applying this directly onto the metal surface leaving behind some interesting textures and colour. She also experiments with layers of material, creating even more depth and shadow to the pieces.
This gave me the idea to oxidize my own metals as visual research for observational drawing as well as colour palette development.

No comments:

Post a Comment